Stampin' Up! Sunflower Happiness

I am so happy to showcase the new Celebrate Sunflowers Stamp Set and coordinating dies in the new Magenta Madness in colour for 2020-22!

I think this card is as pretty as it is sweet


I wanted the card to bring the colours to life, but in a simplistic way.  So, I thought the new Designer Series Paper (DSP) from Flowers for Every Season was the right mix of colour without over powering the effect of the Sunflowers dies.  I will have to admit that sunflowers are one of my favourite flowers and are one of the happiest flowers around!

I stamped the Magenta background cardstock with the large Sunflower stamp before adding a layer of DSP with Versamark ink, and embossed with clear embossing powder for a shiny type of shadowed background for the Sunflower die cuts.  

The next layering is the strip of Bumble Bee ribbon before a triple layer of Sunflowers.  I die cut three sunflower outlines, two in Whisper White and one in Magenta Madness! The sunflower is lightly glued together with the Magenta layer in the middle (glued only on part of the centres), all placed on with dimensionals. Then added a Magenta Madness ribbon bow and some embellishments.

As a summary, I used the Celebrate Sunflowers Stamp Set, Sunflowers Die set, Flowers for Every Season DSP, Bumble Bee and Magenta Madness ribbon, Whisper White and Magenta Madness Cardstock.  The sentiments were from the Butterfly Gala embossed in white (current) and Make a Splash Stamp Set (retired).

I hope this card brings a sparkle of happiness to you as well!

Happy Card Making!


1 comment

  1. Love your sunflower card it is pretty and will make people happy,xx

    ReplyDelete