INKspired Scrap and Add Plaid Challenge 125 - Christmas Gleaming

 Hello Everyone!  Welcome to another great colour combo challenge created by Teneale Williams.

You may have reached my blog from Katrina Healy, if not please hop back when you are through and check out what she has created using this sketch challenge!

I love this challenge! I also love using Black, White, Crumb Cake and Red in combination! I went straight to my Buffalo Check Stamp and the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set as I am in the festive mood! Also, I wanted to create a country look and 'feel at home' card.


Black cardstock for the base, with Buffalo Check in Black on Whisper White cardstock for the background. My focal design is Crumb Cake trimmed with the Stitched So Sweetly dies on a background of Black.


The ornaments from the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set are heat embossed with White embossing powder. I then used a Black Stampin' Write Marker to create a spatter on the Crumb Cake, along with splatters of Frost White and Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.


To off set the Black, White and Crumb Cake, I added a sweet little bow using the Real Red and Gold ribbon from the All The Trimmings Ribbon Combo Pack out of the Mini Catalog.


I love the insides of cards just about as much as decorating the front of cards! I added the corner stamp from the Festive Corners Stamp Set in Real Red Ink, and one small embellishment from the All the Trimmings Embellishments.

Thanks for having a look at my blog contribution, now it's time to hop forward to Narelle Macey's blog.  I can't wait myself!

Cheers and happy stamping!






4 comments