INKspired Challenge #129 - Art Gallery


 Hello Everyone!  Welcome to another great sketch challenge created by Teneale Williams.

You may have reached my blog from Katrina Healy, if not please hop back when you are through and check out what she has created using this sketch challenge!

I chose to use the Art Gallery stamp set and the coordinating Floral Gallery Dies in ink combinations of Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape for my card. I hope you like the white on white throughout the design. This stamp set is really beautiful, and is a two - three step stamp process.


The background ink colour used for the large and smaller flowers is Highland Heather. As Highland Heather coordinates perfectly with Gorgeous Grape, I could stamp it in its full intensity. This way I could use Gorgeous Grape full intensity for the accent stamps. There are actually two accent stamps used for the large flowers. A tip - if using one colour just stamp off for the background.


The base card and additional layers are in Whisper White. I have chosen to give some texture to the second white layer with the Subtle Embossing Folder. The front and focus layer is cut using the Stitched Rectangle Dies.

I just love a bit of accent by adding some splatter of colour.  This can be done by flipping the large brush end of either Stampin' Writers or Blends pens on the inside of the cap creating a splatter of colour on the paper.

The sentiment is heat embossed in white on a piece of Gorgeous Grape card stock, and then cut out using one of the dies from the Floral Gallery Die set.

I used some white twine around the layers before adhering to the base with dimensionals. Dimension such as this provides some depth to the cards especially when using white on white designs.


 A beautiful inside to accompany a beautiful outside. I added some accent to the left lower corner with the tri-flower stamp, and of course, a bit of splatter. I used the dark and light Highland Heather Blend pens.

Thanks for having a look at my blog contribution, and leave a message if I can help you make this card or assist in getting you started in creating lovely creations for yourself!

 Now it's time to hop forward to Julie Martin's blog.  I can't wait myself!

Cheers and happy stamping!



2 comments