INKspired Challenge #130 - Darling Donkeys

 

Hello Everyone!  Welcome to another INKspired Artists challenge created by Teneale Williams.

You may have reached my blog from Katrina Healy, if not please hop back when you are through and check out what she has created using this colour challenge!

This Blog Hop will feature a challenge that involves using the Sale-a-bration catalogue (paper, stamp sets etc.). This is a great time of the year where every $90 of product purchased from either the Annual Catalogue or the Mini Catalogue equals free product from the Sale-a-bration catalogue!

I have chosen the 'Darling Donkeys' stamp set for this challenge, and I just love it! It's so cute and versatile, and hard to believe it is free!

I made this card especially for my husband. He loves Winnie the Pooh and the little donkey sitting down reminds me of Eeyore, so this card is all about him! This card will also be featured as part of my next class showcasing some different techniques and products.

Firstly, the card base is Whisper White Thick card stock. The feature is stamped on Whisper White card stock and matted on Black card stock.

Isn't he just as cute and cuddly as Eeyore!

The sky (Balmy Blue ink) and the grass (Pear Pizzazz ink) are used with the new Blending Brushes to create an soft and even background for this little guy to set in.


On a more close up view, you can see the colouring and the light splattering of Frost White Shimmer Paint. Eeyore was coloured in with the light Misty Moonlight Blend Pen, and then the colour lifter pen was used to create the lighter shading. The light and dark Petal Pink Blend Pens were added to the muzzle and hooves of Eeyore.

Eeyore was hand cut out of thick Basic White Card stock after stamped and coloured in. He is set on the card front with dimensionals.

The sentiment is also from the Darling Donkeys stamp set and is stamped directly on the card front after the sky and grass is created and before the splatter of shimmer paint. 

You can see that I splattered the shimmer paint after Eeyore was set on, however I am sure it would be just as effective to not include Eeyore in the splatter.

I added an epoxy clear heart. I am thinking one of the red or white Resin Hearts from the Mini Catalogue would have looked smashing as well! 


This will be a Valentines card for my husband, so I picked it up a bit on the inside with the little donkey kicking up his heels! 

The 'Wild about You' is from the Zany Zebras stamp set in the Annual Catalogue.


Thanks for having a look at my blog contribution, and leave a message if I can help you make this card or assist in getting you started in creating lovely creations for yourself!


Now it's time to hop forward to Narelle Macey's blog.  I can't wait myself!

Cheers and happy stamping!

5 comments

  1. Teresa I'm sure your hubby will love his card. It's so cute. love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card Teresa, beautiful colours. Peter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa, he is so cute. Love the colouring and blending.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa I am sure Peter will love this card. Great colouring of both donkeys.xxx

    ReplyDelete