INKspired Challenge #131 - Valentines Keepsakes


Hello Stampers!  Welcome to another INKspired Artists challenge created by Teneale Williams.

You may have reached my blog from Katrina Healy, if not please hop back when you are through and check out what she has created using this colour challenge!

I used three of the four colours in this challenge, Pumpkin Pie, Just Jade and Daffodil Delight.


I have been busy making Valentine cards and this Challenge fit right in with the sweetness of the colours.  The stamp set I used is Valentines Keepsakes from the current Mini Catalogue (January - June 2021), with the Be Mine Stitched Dies for the the fancy heart and the Scripty Embossing Folder for the White background. The soft white ribbon is from the Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack.


I had been wanting to try out the Embossed Resist Technique, and so I cased a card from the current Mini Catalogue.  You can see in the picture below how vivid the colours turned out using this technique and this cute stamp set


The embossed resist technique is accomplished in this card by stamping your image (the series of hearts) with Versamark Ink on Basic White card stock, applying clear embossing powder and heat setting it. After the embossing is cooled, I applied the ink using a Blending Brush beginning at the bottom where I wanted the deepest colour.

As you can see in the next picture, the strips have an Ombre effect because I varied the ink intensity to create a dark to lighter shading. When you have applied the amount of ink to the strips, rub them with a soft cloth to remove the ink from the clear embossed hearts. What you have left is the vivid colour with the white hearts!


When I had finished each strip and trimmed to the pattern size I wanted, I glued them onto a piece of Basic White card stock that had been textured with the Scripty Embossing Folder. I then placed this front on a base card of Just Jade card stock.

I then cut and stamped the heart, placed it on my card with dimensionals, and added some Pumpkin Pie embellishments from the Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels available in the Annual Catalogue.

My grandchildren helped with deciding whether to use the pumpkin pie jewels or going with clear Rhinestone Jewels (also in the Annual Catalogue). The pumpkin pie won!


For the inside of the card, I carried over the Ombre effect by using the pieces of each strip that was left over from trimming.  It ties in very nicely!


For just that little bit extra, I created some splatter using the coordinating Blend Pens colours.

Thanks for having a look at my blog contribution, and leave a message if I can help you make this card or assist in getting you started in creating lovely creations for yourself!


Now it's time to hop forward to Narelle Macey's blog.  I can't wait myself!

Cheers and happy stamping!




9 comments

  1. Teresa love your emboss resist heart cards - so pretty.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa your attention to detail is amazing, i am sure others will want to have a go at the resist technic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh Thanks Barb! It was my first time using the technique and actually quite easy and will use it in a class soon.

      Delete
  3. Teresa you have done an excellent job with the technique. Your Ombre look is really well balanced. beautiful card both inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie! Thank you for your kind words! It was a lot of fun!

      Delete
  4. So pretty card, Teresa! Love the embossed resist technique and what you did the inside!

    ReplyDelete