INKspired Challenge #140 - Pierced Blooms

  Hello Everyone!  Welcome to another INKspired Artists challenge created by Teneale Williams.


This Challenge is all about using stripes of any kind and in any way for our cards! I do like stripes, and I will have to say I have enjoyed how Teneale has used them so creatively in the past. I decided to mix the True Love Designer Series Paper which you may have on your shelves, with the Pierced Blooms Dies! 


Along with the Dies, the beautiful bright colours of Granny Apple green, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Magenta Madness, Daffodil Yellow, Poppy Parade and just a little Night of Navy Card Stock were used! I really hope the colour combination with the stripes catches your eye!


I chose to stamp the sentiment 'Hello' from the Artistically Inked Stamp Set (another favourite) because I think that is exactly what this combination is saying!


The stipes continue to the inside as does the subtle splatter of colour using Magenta Madness and Bermuda Bay Blend Pens. If you haven't tried to add some splatter to your cards yet, let me try to explain how - you take the Thick tip end and just flick the ink tip from the inside of the cap. The more you try this technique, the easier it will be to apply whatever degree of splatter you desire!


Now the Pierced Blooms Dies come with so many varieties of flower and leaf sizes, and the pierced design provides just the right amount of effect without any effort! I have made so many different combinations using this Die Set, and it will be a favourite of mine for years to come.

To top it all off, I added some embellishment using the 2021-2023 In Color Jewels. The jewels come in a variety of sizes and colours to add that 'special' touch to any card!

Thanks for having a look at my blog contribution, and leave a message if I can help you make this card or assist in getting you started in creating lovely creations for yourself!

Now it's time to hop forward to Katrina's blog.  I can't wait myself!

Cheers and happy stamping!



3 comments