INKspired Challenge #142 - Quiet Meadow


 

Hello Stampers!  Welcome to another INKspired Artists colour challenge created by Teneale Williams.

I used one of the featured colours (Coastal Cabana) and combined it with Black and White in this challenge.

I have chosen to use the Quite Meadow stamp set and the coordinating Meadow Dies for a bit of a nostalgic effect, and the brighter colours just didn't flow, so here it is!


I created a torn edge card for a friend that just lost her husband. They live near us in the Australian bush, and I thought the Quiet Meadow was perfect for our setting. 



The white silhouette die cut is a beautiful sentiment in itself, however the sentiment from the Quiet Meadow set puts it all together for this sympathy card.


I layered the Coastal Cabana card stock with a piece of Basic White sandwiched in the middle, and randomly stamped the words stamp, flower and splatter stamps on the top piece. I did not use full strength black ink, but I stamped off until I got the desired amount of ink I wanted which was a worn and weathered look.

Next I tore one of the edges and roughed up the other sides, then burnished all sides with black ink and a sponge dauber. I created a heavier look to the torn edge, and added some Coastal Cabana ink to all edges here and there.

Also the sentiment cut from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies was burnished as well with both ink colours.


I added the Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace and Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon to the top two layers, and placed the white die cuts on with the liquid glue (lightly applied here and there). I splattered some Whisper White ink to the whole card front, including the base card layer.


The sentiment piece was placed on with dimensionals. I used the small dimensionals on the top and bottom to avoid sticking to the ribbon and lace, but to ensure good adherence to the card stock.

For some finishing touches, I used a silver embellishment from the Silver and Clear Epoxy Essentials, and a few Basic Rhinestone Jewels.


A simple inside to the card with room to write your own message, and use or some paper scraps for added effect. A few splatters with stamped off black and Blend pens. I find that the light Bermuda Bay Blend pen matches the Coastal Cabana card stock.

Thanks for having a look at my blog contribution, and leave a message if I can help you make this card or assist in getting you started in creating lovely creations for yourself!

Now it's time to hop forward to Katrina's blog.  I can't wait myself!

Cheers and happy stamping!


2 comments