INKspired Challenge 145 - Color and Contour

 

Hello Stampers!  Welcome and thank you for joining another INKspired Artists challenge created by Teneale Williams.

This challenge is all about Stampin' Blends! I totally love using the Blends pens to colour in, create a bit of splatter and to use as a beautiful background like I have for my card. I will tell you more about the technique as we go along.

The focal point of this card is the background. You may have heard of the technique of using Stampin' Blends, vellum paper and alcohol (rubbing alcohol) to create some really lovely backgrounds. I randomly scribbled a pattern on a piece of vellum with dark/light Blend colours (Real Red, Mossy Meadow and Mango Melody). I then sprayed the sheet with some rubbing alcohol - mine had a solution of 100% alcohol. This is needed to activate the spread of the Blends properly.


When I liked the effect produced, I lightly dried the sheet with the Stampin' Up! heat tool. I placed it on a piece of Basic White card stock which intensified the background colours. There are some really great YouTube videos showing how to do this technique.


I found that when the Real Red Blends dried, Poppy Parade card stock matched perfectly and I wanted something a bit brighter to enhance the great flowers from the Color and Contour Stamp set. The scalloped edging is from the Scalloped Contours Dies.


The flower outline is in Poppy Parade and filled in with Mango Melody ink. I used a light Old Olive Blend pen to colour in the stem and leaves. I chose Old Olive as when the Mossy Meadow blended with the Mango Melody with the alcohol, it created a lighter and brighter green.


To pop the colours out a bit, I chose to enhance the card with one of my favorites, the crinkle white ribbon. I really do love using this ribbon, especially for bows. 


The ribbon is tucked behind the scalloped edge which I popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals for some added depth. The sentiment is from the Color and Contour Stamp set, and I chose one of the dies from the Scalloped Contours Dies set as well.


You can see I used a piece of the vellum trimmed off for the inside of my card. I used the Blend Pens to the inside to show off  how versatile they are to create a delicate splatter.

I hope you take your Blends out and use them in some great ways! They will totally enhance any card!

Thanks for having a look at my blog contribution, and leave a message if I can help you make this card or assist in getting you started in creating lovely creations for yourself!

Now it's time to hop forward to Allison McLeod's blog.  I can't wait myself!

Cheers and Happy Stamping!















1 comment