INKspired Challenge 150 - Festive and Bright

 Hello Stampers!  Welcome and thank you for joining another INKspired Artists Challenge created by Teneale Williams.

I am hoping you love the stamp set and dies used for this card as much as I do!!! I know this challenge is 'Let's Celebrate' and that could mean many things to people. I am totally in the Christmas mode and that is what my card is celebrating. I used quite a few stamps and products, also non-traditional Christmas colour combinations. Many wonderful demonstrators have used the Bright Baubles stamp set and dies, and there are great cards out there!

I coupled the Bright Baubles Bundle and the Festive and Bright Bundle and a few other products to create my card for this Blog Challenge. 


The colour combination featured in this card is White, Mint Macaroon, Pale Papaya and Calypso Coral. The background is a piece of designer paper from the Whimsy and Wonder collection.


I was inspired by fellow demonstrator Patty Bennett's card and then put my own twist into play.  I especially enjoyed Patty's discovery of how the Garden Gems embellishments fit perfect with the bauble design.


I used the second largest die from the Scalloped Contours Dies in Mint Macaroon and embossed it with the Dainty Diamonds 3D embossing folder. This was then popped up with dimensionals.

The front sentiment is from the Bright Baubles stamp set. I wanted to continue the sentiment with wording on the card inside, so I added the three dots with a Stampin' Marker in Black.


This picture can give you an up close look at how the gems can be used and how they coordinate with the colours and bauble design.


Oh and you may have noticed the shimmer of the Bauble? I used a few layers of  the Wink of Stella Glitter Brush to give the sheen and sparkle. 

                
Here is the inside of the card, and as I was saying above the inside is a continuation of the 'Wish You A...' from the front. The Festive and Bright sentiment (stamped in Mint Macaroon ink) is from the Festive and Bright stamp set and the 'Christmas' wording is from the Bright Baubles stamp set (stamped in Calypso Coral ink).

The border is stamped from the Festive and Bright stamp set, coloured in with Stampin' Blends, then cut out with the Festive Finishes Dies.


Add a bit of splatter using Stampin' Blends or Markers, I love splatter!!! Also do not forget to add some shimmer to the garland bulbs with your Wink of Stella!!!


I really hope you enjoyed my card! 

Thanks for having a look at my blog contribution, and leave a message on how I can help you make this card or assist in getting you started in creating lovely creations yourself!

Now it's time to hop forward to Katrina Healy blog.  I can't wait myself!

Cheers and Happy Stamping!






8 comments

  1. I have loved getting away from traditional colors too. Great celebration card, its lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Katrina! Like Barb, I have enjoyed the non-traditional colours for Christmas this year!

      Delete
  3. What a bright and cheerful way to celebrate with gems and glitter. 😍

    ReplyDelete