INKspired Challenge 153 - Christmas in July

Hello Stampers!  Welcome and thank you for joining another INKspired Artists Challenge created by Teneale Williams.

I get so excited for Christmas! So this blog is special as it is leading up to that special time of the year. 

I have decided to use the Hostess Special stamp set called 'Carolling Mice'. When I saw these little mice, I couldn't wait to put them to ink and get started.

I used some vintage colours, or what I believe are vintage colours. The designer series paper used is from the Pretty Prints collection, and I chose the Blackberry Bliss / Rich Razzle Berry combination. Also for the more vintage look, I chose to include some Distressed Gold specialty paper and trim it all in Black.


The little Carolling Mice were fun to colour in with the Stampin' Blends Combos: Just Jade, Soft Succulent, Rich Razzle Berry, Daffodil Yellow, Smokey Slate and Grey Granite. I also tarnished a bit with the ink lifter pen.


A strip of Distressed Gold trimmed in black cardstock, and black 
and gold twine for a bow.


I actually love the light post! It gives that Ole' English feel!


A close up of the bow, and the sentiment stamped in Gold embossing powder on black cardstock. I decided to separate each word and set them up on Stampin' Dimensionals for that added dimension.


The inside needs to be special, so I used the single mouse stamp and the light post. Also coloured in with the Stampin' Blend pens.


I hope this card puts a little spark of festive into your day!


Thanks for having a look at my blog and the group's contributions. Please leave a message if I can help you make this card or assist in getting you started in creating lovely creations yourself!

Now it's time to hop forward to Allison McLeod blog.  I can't wait myself!

Cheers and Happy Stamping!
 






3 comments

  1. I am not a big fan of mice but these are very cute ones. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, not a mice person here, think it goes back to when i was a little kid and found some in one of my draws............i lived in the country. However Teasea your little mice a very cute. Thank you so much for playing this week, big hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you coloured to give texture to the little mice. Antique gold foil teams beautifully with the overall vintage look of the card. Well done

    ReplyDelete